Community Food & Juice Is Down After Kitchen Fire

By
Photo: Shanna Ravindra

A grease fire erupted at Community Food & Juice this morning. A cook tells the Columbia Spectator that it started on the grill: “Something was cooking, and then the fire suddenly goes up … All the time, you see fire, but that was just crazy.” The blaze raged hard enough that a dorm above the crunchy restaurant is damaged, so it looks like Morningside Heights is going to be down an outdoor café for a while.

Breaking: Fire breaks out in Community Food, Nussbaum dorm residents evacuate [via Eater]