As EV Grieve live-blogs the reinspection of the shuttered Rays Candy Store and Neither More Nor Less worries that Ray is getting hit hard by the soulless ravenous beast of a city administration (that would be the Health Department), weve gotten word that a couple of days ago, the Eighth Avenue location of Mexican joint Mary Anns was shuttered owing to the vermin and food-protection violations enumerated in the inspection report below. An employee at the restaurant says theyre renovating and hope to reopen for dinner on Monday.
Violations from 05/18/2011 Inspection
Tip! "Critical" violations are displayed in red.
Violation points: 53
Establishment Closed by DOHMH. Violations were cited in the following area(s) and those requiring immediate action were addressed.
1) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
2) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
3) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
4) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
5) Pesticide use not in accordance with label or applicable laws. Prohibited chemical used/stored. Open bait station used.
6) Food contact surface not properly maintained.
7) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.